In class on Monday November 15, we were told to get a partner and do the task laid before us. One of us was to practice juggling using part practice segmentation while the other was just supposed to start juggling. The person who did the part practice got to evaluate each part of juggling and could gradually master each step toward juggling before they reached the final result. However for the person who just had to start juggling, it was much more difficult. I was the person who was just trying to see how many times I could juggle, and considering how I had never juggled before, it was not very pretty. I gradually appeared to get better at it toward the end. However, Marley, who did the segmentation practice, did much better than me on the retention test. It was predicted that the person practicing each step would do better in the end because they had a better grasp on each individual task that is required in juggling. Yet, these results do not always occur this way. Sometimes segmentation is not the best way of practice like when one skill is dependent on the other, such as juggling. Nonetheless in our experiment segmentation was the best practice. This could have been persuaded also by different factors. One factor that could have slurred the results is that she went first in the lab and had plenty of time whereas I had to hurry because we were pushed for time. This could have had a very large impact on my results and therefore messed up the desired or expected results.
No comments:
Post a Comment