Monday, November 22, 2010
PDFE #11
For PDFE #11 we were required to observe a formal physical activity setting such as a class or a practice. I observed the Berry College Cheerleaders practice. The practice consisted of things such as running, learning new things, practicing stunts, and reviewing the practice and discussing the next one. I only observed from the time they learned new dances to the time practice was over. This consisted of sixty minutes which consisted of two hundred and forty 15 second intervals. Of the time I was observing one of the cheerleaders, she was waiting for 8% of the practice, Management was 18%, she received instruction for 32%, and was active for 42% of the time. Most of the time that she was waiting, she was either waiting for instruction or waiting for the other cheerleaders to finish whatever it was they were doing. The management time was merely rolling out and putting away the mats. Both of these percentages could have been less with more preparation and planning. The cheerleader I observed wasted a good bit of time waiting to hear what to do rather than the captains already having it planned out. The mats could have been rolled out a few minutes before practice so that they do not waste valuable practice time. By decreasing both of these percentages, the percentage for activity should increase while instruction could probably stay the same or maybe even increase a little
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment